Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - General > Who Are You?

Who Are You? say hello and tell us who you are..

Views: 779 - Replies: 3  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 14th, 2022
forum n00b

Default Zastels - Prolific level designer and HL fan

Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself to this community.

The reason I am here is because I have actually been banned from just about everywhere else for just being my plain and simple self. . . I don't seem to upset anyone I play with but the one guy who can ban me.

I've never had any issues playing on Avamods, and I appreciate that. I have been playing this game for 20+ years, and it actually does hurt my feelings to be banned from everywhere when the community left is so small.

I have mapping my whole life, but I've never completed a Day of Defeat map because I never liked Source. Last year I started my first Goldsrc map for the original Day of Defeat in probably almost 20 years. This map is extremely ambitious, and is designed to replace Caen. Even though Caen is my favourite map, I notice the community has a split opinion on it. I don't know if Avamods knows this, but the community generally despises Merrill's Marauders server for their authoritarianism, and I feel like people completely avoid Caen because of that.

As I was working on my map I was playing on Avamods and was really impressed with all the little changes the server brings. Part of me always wanted Day of Defeat to continue to receive updates, and I feel like Avamods delivered. I hope to complete my map, and then to maybe see if I can get a collab going with Avamods, and I would pay the expenses of running a server for a year and ask for your help and expertise in setting it up a server with your mods.

My other goal is to make friends with people who love Day of Defeat, and to begin my first Source MP mod, Max Underground. MU is designed to be Day of Defeat, shifted into the year 1998 where a new fictional war happens. Teams are asymmetrical, one team using older firearms, the other team having access to more modern ones. Extreme weather events from Nazi manipulation are what make the maps unique, like 30+ feet of snowfall, or extreme flooding, any excuse to make a destroyed interesting DoD style map. I wanted to try and acquire DoD 3.1 beta source code, or Tour of Duty source code, for a starting point to work from.

Thank you for this community, remember to be kind of one another!
Old January 29th, 2024
forum n00b

no u
Old January 29th, 2024
obsessed with this forum

Send a message via MSN to buck_futter

Quote: Originally Posted by diet plain soda View Post
no u

be nice u dingus
Old February 13th, 2024
Former AvaMods Admin

Send a message via MSN to Koroshiya Ichi