Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - General > General

General Anything that DOESNT fit in one of the other forums.... this is basically your off-topic section..

Views: 1636 - Replies: 26  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 9th, 2012
obsessed with this forum

Send a message via MSN to buck_futter

yeah...thank goodness the DPW giving out gas for our personal vehicles <3
Old November 10th, 2012
Helpful Avamods Admin

Send a message via AIM to coltron

People around here didnt have power either for a while. I only lost power for a few hours overnight, but didnt have internet for 3 days. Lots of down trees.
  #23 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old November 23rd, 2012
i dont want a goldfish

ordered my shit for my new computer today.. well half new, going to be using my case, psu, video card and sound card from this pc still

its going to be a huge upgrade over my current stuff... and even more of an upgrade since I dont even own a working motherboard anymore lol and I think my cousin wants his board back since Ive been using it for a few weeks now (when i was originally just going to use it to test my shit to make sure my old mobo was the actual problem)

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

#24 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old November 27th, 2012
i dont want a goldfish

so i just need to vent somewhere... so here where no one will see it is probably the best place..

ASUS's webpage/forums FUCKING BLOW!

slowest thing ive ever experienced from such a big company... seriously, its fucking bad..

and then there their forums.. what a fucking mess.. the forum as a whole just sucks.. but the fact that theres like 50 sticky posts so i have to goto the 2nd or 3rd page to see real posts is retarded.. Which isnt helped much by them not using good forum sections/categories.. like really, why have 1 section for ALL their motherboards, they should split them up into at least socket or chipset sub sections so its not such a random jumbled mess to find what youre looking for... Major login/logout issues, password sometimes works & sometimes says invalid.. Sometimes you post and it leaves the author blank and doesnt say who actually posted it. I even was able to edit one of my posts without being logged in in IE, cause their forums dont work for shit with firefox.. Whenever posting in firefox it make it one giant paragraph but works fine in IE.. who the fuck designs that kind of shit and what kind of retard do they have doing their web development & maintenance.

*edit* ok figured out how to make paragraphs when using firefox, you have to use html line breaks for it to work.. fucking retarded to the max

ok i feel better now

NOW!!! heres the real reason i posted lol...

Should i sell my old stuff to offset paying for the new stuff? or should i buy a cheap case and psu (using my old ones with my new pc) and keep my old stuff running and make a AvaMods dod server lol...

tho technically its not really an option at the moment with my fucked upload speed... and apparently im not the only one getting a fraction of the speed its supposed to be. My dad went to work and complained to them about it and they checked it right there at the hub where the interwebs comes into albany (from syracuse, as syracuse is where the actual real connection to the internet happens) and even the cable company techs were stunned to see such low speeds...

The then tried an old computer that was never on the net and had no windows updates done to it, and it got the full upload speed... SOOOOO theyre saying its the result of a windows update and not their fault lol. Yet they have no idea if thats actually it or which update it is because the rest of their computers are shit speed. Apparently theyre going to go thru and check each update one at a time..

But really thats just BS, its deeper then that, otherwise everyone in the world would have shitty up speeds if theyve got an up to date windows install... and obviously its not a problem that every windows user in the world has..

Just the usual big company blaming something else instead of getting their shit right for once

ok that turned into a bit of a rant too lol

They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old November 28th, 2012
obsessed with this forum

well id say sell old stuff...but any idea who'd buy it? or just try on craiglist?
i dont want a mountain man contacting you off of it, then taking you into the woods diamond. i just got myself a second monitor and new graphics card <3

btw! OBAMA!!!!
  #26 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old November 28th, 2012
i dont want a goldfish

lol no id sell on ebay... been looking at auctions that have sold in the past few weeks and im surprised at what the same or similar stuff is going for.

Like the replacement board they are sending me, i should be able to get 100-150 pretty easy, probably more if i want it to possibly take longer (one of the best end of the line 775 socket boards). And good ddr2 ram (crucial & mushkin) seems to sell for pretty decent prices too, maybe because decent stuff is harder to find for older sockets idk.. I saw a few sets of the mushkin 2x2gb 4-4-4-10 1T sticks that sold for between 75 and 100, which im pretty sure is more then i paid for them new.

for the board (which hopefully evga sends me a new one in the box, will sell better and for more lol), the ram (2x2gb & 2x1gb sets), and the cpu... Im hoping to get like 250-300.. ill be happy with a bit less tho, doesnt really matter for stuff I doubt ill ever use again. And considering the new stuff cost me about 480, even 200 off of that would be nice

----

but anyway, what card you get? Ive been itching for a new one to go with this system as now my gtx460 is the bottleneck instead of my cpu.

with this new board im apparently supposed to be able to use the onboard video of the cpu to assist the video card and get myself a few extra frames, but I havent even read up on it much yet

Tho the cpu was only going for 25ish lol.. which is almost not even worth it. I would be depressed selling a dual core that runs stable at 3.6 and stays under 60C full load

Old November 29th, 2012
obsessed with this forum

ohh okay i see! ebay works well doesnt it? could sell some twinkies too!

i got a cute little geforce gt640, replaced w/e i was running again in my pc for the past 4 yrs. frapsing wow works well now!