Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - Server > Server / Mod Support

Server / Mod Support Discuss our servers - Questions, requests, complaints, etc.. Need help with your server? Have any amxx questions/suggestions?

Views: 1090 - Replies: 27  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2007
forum n00b

This is a source server.
Old September 29th, 2007
Former AvaMods Admin & Excessive Faggotry

Aieee!!! covered it mountains of being stopped dead in ur tracks by... ZOMG!!! the brick on the floor!!!
Hi! My name is Ronald!
and youre name is DOUCHEBAG!
  #23 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old September 29th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

ohh well i was confused then lol..

metamod and amxx are for non-source only.. tho there is a MetaMod Source and the amxx equivalent is SourceMod

tho i believe SourceMod might still be a beta, not sure.. None of the plugins here will work on source based mods tho...

i cant really help with any of that stuff since i dont have a source server.. i did however once install metamod source & sourcemod on a dod source server.. but no idea how i did it and i was actually amazed it even worked cause i didnt have any idea what i was doing (was my 1st time working with a source engine ds)

ive never installed or used mani so i cant say anything on that..tho i would imagine if you were to use both mani and sourcemod that there might be some conflicts.. maybe not idk lol..

sorry lol.. but all i can really say now is to read the documentation for whatever you plan to go with as they usually have pretty simple and easy to follow installation instructions.. or check their specific forums for more help.. :-\

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old September 29th, 2007
forum n00b

wait, whats the difference form source and non-secure?

Im using whatever gameservers.com offered. And when I installed AMX MOD X I went through the ftp addy.

Plus I still have 3 days to get a refund. Would you be willing to take a look at it Diamond? Also, you never answered on if you would be willing to create it for pay. I see that you have a ton of experience and I would trust you more than some of those gameserver forum guys who bash people for not understanding the workings.
Old September 30th, 2007
obsessed with this forum

If u have DoDource, i had a CSource server and ran Mani admin, it was reallyyy easy to use in game, big font, easy menu's to follow, etc...

Quote: Originally Posted by Switz_dod View Post
wait, whats the difference form source and non-secure?

so wait do u have a dod source or dod 1.3
Old September 30th, 2007
forum n00b

Its DOD source.

Just an update on progress, I finally changed the config server.cgf file. I was doing it wrong for the first day (I was editing instead of transferring it to computer, alting text, then uploading back.).

Now Im torn on which way to go, I tried to install AMX MOD X 1.74b. I clicked auto installer, used ftp address, changed mod to DODS, then hit connect. It connected, but I do not think I got what I was supposed to get because the tutorial had something else pictured. I just got the usual directory I get when using ftp. Is this right? Do I install the mods from there? Would that mean I would download AMX MOD 1.74b, DOD Addon, and base, then put them all in the same folder?
Old October 1st, 2007
forum n00b

Quote: Originally Posted by diamond-optic View Post
ohh well i was confused then lol..

metamod and amxx are for non-source only.. tho there is a MetaMod Source and the amxx equivalent is SourceMod

tho i believe SourceMod might still be a beta, not sure.. None of the plugins here will work on source based mods tho...

i cant really help with any of that stuff since i dont have a source server.. i did however once install metamod source & sourcemod on a dod source server.. but no idea how i did it and i was actually amazed it even worked cause i didnt have any idea what i was doing (was my 1st time working with a source engine ds)

ive never installed or used mani so i cant say anything on that..tho i would imagine if you were to use both mani and sourcemod that there might be some conflicts.. maybe not idk lol..

sorry lol.. but all i can really say now is to read the documentation for whatever you plan to go with as they usually have pretty simple and easy to follow installation instructions.. or check their specific forums for more help.. :-\

Well thats freakin gay lol. OK then, how would I get a non-secure server for DODS? AMX plugins are WAY better! This is HS.
  #28 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old October 5th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

if you have access to the command line (probably not) you'd remove the -secure entry, otherwise you'd have to ask the host to turn of vac & make it insecure

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.