Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - Server > Server / Mod Support

Server / Mod Support Discuss our servers - Questions, requests, complaints, etc.. Need help with your server? Have any amxx questions/suggestions?

Views: 612 - Replies: 3  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2008
forum n00b

Question Noob Server Admin

Hey guys! As stated in the title, I'm a big-time NOOB Admin and I'm having some trouble finding a list of CVARs that I need to have my server running properly. The main variable I'm interested in is the one that governs the list of deaths on the right side of the screen, under the mini-map. However, I'm pretty sure that there are some others that I am missing, so if anyone could direct me to a list, that would be AWESOME!! I've been scouring Google for almost a week now and have come up with absolutely squat! Thanks in advance for your help!

BBro
  #2 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 26th, 2008
i dont want a goldfish

i really dont know where to find a full listing of the cvars, and the listings i have seen over the years werent really full listings either

the easiest way to see all the cvars is to use the console command 'cvarlist'
that will print a huge list of cvars, most of which arent even used by dod.. you'll probably want to pay attention to the mp_* and sv_* ones

and the only server-side cvar for controlling the death messages is mp_deathmsg, which by default is set to 1, so unless you changed something the death messages should be showing up

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old June 26th, 2008
forum n00b

Ok, I went back and scoured through my .cfg and buried in amongst the server cvars I found mp_deathmsg 0, but it was below where I had manually typed in mp_deathmsg 1 so it undid my modification. If you would like, I can take the list of cvars that I got from my console and post them here. I don't know what most of them do, but it would be a start to getting a full list put up somewhere. Just let me know if you want it!
BBro
  #4 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 28th, 2008
i dont want a goldfish

as far as i know there is nothing else that controls the death msgs, unless if you are running a plugin that removes them.. but i would assume you would know if you were or not lol

and is it everyone on your server that cant see them? or is it just you.. and do you see them on other servers?

and i dont really care about a list of cvars to be honest with you.. as looking at the huge list cvarlist prints out most of them arent even used by dod and the majority of the remaining ones i have no clue what they do and i dont plan on spending time to find out lol

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.