Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - Server > Server / Mod Support

Server / Mod Support Discuss our servers - Questions, requests, complaints, etc.. Need help with your server? Have any amxx questions/suggestions?

Views: 786 - Replies: 7  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 30th, 2008
occasional visitor

Default Bot Class Plugin

I just discovered the bot class plugin, and it is something I have been looking for for years. However, it isn't working for me. I tried disabling all my plugins. I tried placing the config in both amxx.cfg and server.cfg, but no joy. I even deleted all the class limit files I was using for Shrike Bot because they didn't work anyway. But no joy, the bots kept choosing the classes I didn't want them to play.

Of course it just occurred to me, does this plugin even work with ShrikeBot, or was it created for SturmBot?

I think I'm currently running AMX Mod X 1.8, I haven't upgraded to 1.81 yet, and I'm running the latest Metamod-P (32 I think).

The plugin is loading. When I enter "amx_plugins" it show up in the list as running. It just doesn't appear to be doing anything, and I haven't noticed any error messages.
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
1GB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Debian Etch 4.0 stable
Linux 2.6.23.17 custom kernel
Metamod-P 1.19 p32
AMX Mod X 1.80

The Crazy Canucks Gaming Community

Last edited by Drek; November 30th, 2008 at 12:25 PM.
  #2 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old November 30th, 2008
i dont want a goldfish

whats up drek

i havent used the dod_botclass plugin myself in a while but ill take a look at it right now (and btw i use shrikebot, but in theory it should work fine with sturmbots too i suppose)

what classes are you trying to stop bots from using? so i can check it out with the same settings

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

#3 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old November 30th, 2008
i dont want a goldfish

alright i just tried it with snipers,rockets,MGs,and other deployable weapons (bren, bar, fg42) disabled and they dont seem to ever spawn as those classes for me

then i set it so axis bots were only allowed to use the mp40 class, and not once did i have any axis bot using anything but the mp40

They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old November 30th, 2008
occasional visitor

Ok, ahhhhhh.

*the light comes on*

&$#@*!!! permissions problem I bet... I'll check that and get back to you.
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
1GB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Debian Etch 4.0 stable
Metamod-P 1.19 p32
AMX Mod X 1.80

Old November 30th, 2008
occasional visitor

Well, the permissions weren't right, but the plugin still isn't working. As you can see I am using it with ShrikeBot.

Here is my config for it. It is in my amxx.cfg file.

Code:
dod_botclass "1" dod_botclass_change "1" //Bots change class on death dod_botclass_change_chance "1" //Chance (1 out of #) that bots will change class on death //Allowed Classes - ON(1) / OFF(0) dod_botclass_britlight "1" dod_botclass_britassault "0" dod_botclass_sniper "0" dod_botclass_mg "0" dod_botclass_piat "0" dod_botclass_alliesgarand "1" dod_botclass_alliescarbine "0" dod_botclass_alliesthompson "0" dod_botclass_alliesgreasegun "0" dod_botclass_alliesspring "0" dod_botclass_alliesbar "0" dod_botclass_allies30cal "0" dod_botclass_alliesbazooka "0" dod_botclass_axiskar "1" dod_botclass_axisk43 "0" dod_botclass_axismp40 "0" dod_botclass_axismp44 "0" dod_botclass_axisscopedkar "0" dod_botclass_axisfg42 "0" dod_botclass_axisfg42s "0" dod_botclass_axismg34 "0" dod_botclass_axismg42 "0" dod_botclass_axispschreck "0"

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
1GB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Debian Etch 4.0 stable
Metamod-P 1.19 p32
AMX Mod X 1.80

#6 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old November 30th, 2008
i dont want a goldfish

hmm i have no idea...

ive had a slightly updated version sitting here on my pc that ive yet to update to on the website and all so you can try that but to be honest im not really sure if that will make any difference...
Attached Files
File Type: sma dod_botclass.sma (9.6 KB, 3 views)

Old November 30th, 2008
occasional visitor

I'm afraid that didn't do the trick. Maybe it's some kind of bot immunity setting, but I can kick bots with no problem using the normal AMXX kick commands.

This is the second DOD plugin I've had really weird problems with. Are you using Metamod-P or standard Metamod?
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
1GB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Debian Etch 4.0 stable
Metamod-P 1.19 p32
AMX Mod X 1.80

#8 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old November 30th, 2008
i dont want a goldfish

hmm im really confused over this.. I cant even think of anything that could be the cause behind it all

tho when i last used it I was using amxx 1.76d and i never used it with 1.8.0 and now i was just trying it with 1.8.1
but i highly doubt thats the problem as it seems quite unlikey that there would have been something in only 1.8.0 that prevented it from working right