Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - General > General

General Anything that DOESNT fit in one of the other forums.... this is basically your off-topic section..

View Poll Results: Amd or Intel
amd 6000+ x2 3 50.00%
intel c2d e6750 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Views: 595 - Replies: 15  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old December 5th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

Quote: Originally Posted by maj cougar View Post
you can build amd 6000 cheaper but e6750 has 1066 front side bus which fast then amd 800 front side bus for ddr2 800. You check in these reviews if you are curious. http://www.tomshardware.com/us/

i believe the e6750 is 1333fsb

i dont really know much bout amd chips so i cant really say anything regarding that..

the amd obviously has the higher stock clock, tho with watercooling i dont know which would go father as i dont have any experience overclocking amd's.. not really sure how much of a difference there would be with the 4mb L2 cache on the intel over the 2mb of the amd either..

the 65nm intel i would think would probably run cooler then the 90nm amd under load, but again with watercooling that is somewhat irrelavent.. but then ive read around that the X2's need less power then the 65nm intels anyway.. so that might yeild better overclocks (voltage-wise) but i do know my e6600 overclocks like a beast (highest stable orthos tested oc on air was 3.75ghz, but it ran a bit warm lol) and im pretty sure the 1333fsb intel chips overclock a bit better then the 1066fsb ones (it appears i got quite lucky with mine as it looks some ppl cant even reach 1600fsb 3.6ghz)

and what you mean you can get one? like for dirt cheap? for free? for trade? get it then sell them both and get a Penryn and go 4.0ghz wooooo

either way.. they seem to be pretty close when it comes to benchmarks so idk.. lol.. i know you like amd so its up to you hahah

and sorry lol.. im not voting, cause i dont wanna vote based on my opinion and not on actual knowledge of which would be better lol ..tho i wonder if the people who did vote, voted for the one based on the brand chip they run themselves lol

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Last edited by diamond-optic; December 5th, 2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old December 5th, 2007
Former AvaMods Admin & Excessive Faggotry

diamond the indecisive to the rescue!
Hi! My name is Ronald!
and youre name is DOUCHEBAG!
  #13 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old December 5th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

damn another question wtf man

Quote: Originally Posted by craig.gates View Post
another question, i have 2 sparkle 8600gt 512mb running in sli, but for some reason now and then my graphics freeze up and i have to re-boot ma pc, (mainly in dod) could this be caused by my desktop at a different resolution to dod?

ya i would also say try different drivers.. (im running 169.09 which is the latest 32b XP and i think for vista theres 169.12 ...but im also only running a single 8800gts 640mb) tho it could be just dod being gay (wierd that its mainly in dod lol)

im assuming you run in opengl and not directx right? do you overclock the card(s)? what about forced AF/AA? (ive found setting transparency AA to supersampling causes some problems for me but runs fine on multisampling)

if its really bothering you i would take out one of the cards and see if it still happens running the single card.. maybe dod doesnt like the sli (even tho dod shouldnt be using the sli anyway)

and what resolutions you run (desktop & ingame) cause i run my desktop at 1680x1050 and i run all my games at that as well, but i never had problems running at different resolutions before.. but again the SLI probably is a factor here (did i ever tell you how stupid sli is anyway lol..)

you know whats funny.. i was having some serious freezing (requiring reboot) in cod4 when i realized it just seemed to be a conflict between other software running at the same time.. found if i close everest and keep HLDS open and not minimized i get no problems (for some reason when the HLDS is minimized on my pc, it uses insane amounts of cpu sometimes, but leaving it open on the desktop and it never spikes) so again like already said.. see what else you got running and check that stuff out cause i still dont understand how or why everest & hlds are being gay lol..

and i know you're not an idiot..(well.......) but i like to pretend you are

They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Last edited by diamond-optic; December 5th, 2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old December 6th, 2007
Former AvaMods Admin

Send a message via MSN to craig.gates Send a message via Skype™ to craig.gates

lol well its 50/50 at mo, and basically the intel is free brand spanking new, but i was gunna have one or the other and get rid of one, in regards to my grx card if i remove one of them and reset my bios and everything else i get no picture even if i format, so that has puzzled me, and i have my desktop at 1680X1050 but dod will only go up to 1024X768, and i run it in d3d. would opengl run better?????
  #15 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old December 6th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

only go up to that? might be cause of d3d, you can force the resolution in the command line
and yes dod has always run wayyy better in opengl for me (hl1 engine was designed for opengl)

and not being able to get a display with a single card... thats umm.. not right hahah

and if you can get it basically for free, why not take it hahahha, and see for yourself which is better lol.. OR ill give you $100 for it

*edit*

this is the command line i use (with server related stuff removed )

Quote:
-console -numericping -noipx -nojoy -32bpp -w 1680 -h 1050 -nointro -gl -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

Old December 6th, 2007
Former AvaMods Admin

Send a message via MSN to craig.gates Send a message via Skype™ to craig.gates

saying bye bye to AmD for a bit then gunna go to the dark side and use this intel chip...

For Sale AmD 6000 x2