Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - General > General

General Anything that DOESNT fit in one of the other forums.... this is basically your off-topic section..

Views: 592 - Replies: 2  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 17th, 2010
the godfather

Default Mac can toss

Hey, what's the fine word?

So I got this mac thing, don't worry, I didn't pay for it. The first thing I did was partition windows and install DOD so I can have a real computer. ZING. I was playing the other day and everything was almost perfect. One problem, I would connect to the server and the connection would die almost right after connecting on avalanche. Is the map known for causing connection issues? I have a feeling it's the mac but want to make sure no one else has connection issues. I was playing another map fine on avamods earlier in the day yesterday.

Any ideas?

But I guess to be honest, the macbook pro is killer power for a laptop. i7 @7200 and the 8gb of ram work wonders. Internet browsing is a write off. Text and quality looks different on all sites even in chrome and FF, that reason alone makes me want windows. Gaming isn't possible, unless you like my little pwny. And the maximize window option is really pissing me off. There's only 2 USB ports and you can't take anything apart to fix... For $3k? not a chance.
Old May 17th, 2010
Helpful Avamods Admin

Send a message via AIM to coltron

try right clicking. OHHH WAIT
Old May 17th, 2010
the godfather

lol. Plugging in a normal mouse gives you right click. But you can't right click in windows without a mouse attached to the laptop. USELESS.

The best part is the video adapters. They have this universal connection, and you have to buy the converter for whatever video out you want. VGA = $24, DVI = an additional $24. RETARDED.