Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - Server > Server / Mod Support

Server / Mod Support Discuss our servers - Questions, requests, complaints, etc.. Need help with your server? Have any amxx questions/suggestions?

Views: 2453 - Replies: 22  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 23rd, 2011
occasional visitor

Question

Quote: Originally Posted by diamond-optic View Post
umm here's mine

idk if its the right one tho, it doesnt read the db directly each time the file is called. I have another file that gets the db entries (set up via a cron to run after each stats update) and it saves the top 10 players to another file.. Then this file just reads the entries that are saved in that other file

Thanks D-O, this is harder than i remember. The motd.top10.php is now showing nicely in the MOTD, HOWEVER the boxes are not populated.

I noticed you said you have another file which actually grabs the DB entries. how would i go about generating this other file?.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Ba5ic
  #22 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old February 23rd, 2011
i dont want a goldfish

everytime the motd_query.php is called, it will get the top 10 from the db and save them to the motd_saved.php

I have my stats update every hour, so i have a cron setup calling the motd_query.php file at 15 minutes after every hour.
(for my web server it looks like: php -q /home/user/public_html/avamods/stats/motd_query.php)

This method saves a ton of db queries. As you dont need to get the top10 from the db everytime the motd (or whatever youre using the top10 in) is called when there hasnt been any update to the stats. Its also much faster on a huge/slow stats db
Attached Files
File Type: php motd_query.php (2.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: php motd_saved.php (403 Bytes, 5 views)

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old February 23rd, 2011
occasional visitor

Thanks D-O, Ur a star !!!

Only problem, my cronjob won't run, don't know if its because its in the public_html folder?, all permissions are correct. May try putting the motd_query.php next to the stats.pl, i know that runs and updates the stats.

I ran the motd_query.php just by navigating to the page --> MOTD Top Ten Updated Successfully. At least top10 are showing now .

Thanks again.