Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - General > General

General Anything that DOESNT fit in one of the other forums.... this is basically your off-topic section..

Views: 615 - Replies: 8  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2010
forum n00b

Default Related banned player

First let me say hi and thanks for all you do Diamond.

I came over here today to post about a player that has been banned from your server. They have actually request to be unbanned from my server. However as long as the ban stands here I will not lift the ban on my server. The only bans that I support from other dod servers are related to the client freeze / Crash exploit that D-O made the plug in to protect all our servers. At that time anyone know to use the exploit was banned from AVAmods, GSR, and Bam. I will not lift any of these bans unless they can settle the issue with the server that they attempted to crash. Here are the details.....

{GSR} GameSpy Rangers Gaming Community • Login

You may have to be logged in to see details but here is the persons ID....

STEAM_0:0:10986087

If they come to you all to settle the issues please inform me IF you all decide to lift their ban so I can as well. I did suggest that they donate to your servers to attempt getting the ban lifted.

This is not a request to lift the ban on their behalf. That is something they can do for themselves. This is just a formal notification that I will not lift the ban unless you have. Also I do not know why when I link the thread about the players ban that your forums says "GSR login blah blah" Sorry not ment to advertise just showing the thread if D-O wants to read it.
Old June 4th, 2010
Helpful Avamods Admin

Send a message via AIM to coltron

Well, i tried to register, but it just keeps refreshing the page and never works, so.. anyways, i cant see a reason why we should lift this ban, as the guy tried to crash the server, why in the hell would we want him back?
Old June 4th, 2010
forum n00b

Sorry you had trouble registering. I however have tested this and there is no problem with the forums registration.

Again I am not asking for the ban to be lifted and I am not meaning to require you all to register to see the thread. His ban is between him and avamods servers and unless he convinces you all to lift the ban he will remain banned from our servers.
  #4 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 4th, 2010
i dont want a goldfish

well checking that ID on our banlist here, i believe he's already been unbanned (AvaBans - Ban Details) from just getting a temp ban since he would be auto banned again if he attempted the exploit again..

and personally, especially since i rarely every play dod anymore, i could care less about whether he's banned or not. A random person that I dont know that attempted to use an exploit (especially that one) being banned from avamods or any server wont hurt my feelings one bit. Using some other little exploit would be one thing, but that exploit is on a whole different level that disrupts the entire server

and dont worry about the link name lol, I think thats from VBseo or whatever, been so long i cant remember lol.. But i think it renames URL's to the linked page's title for better search engine handling.. Gets kind of annoying sometimes so I might look into that if i get motivated enough

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

#5 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 4th, 2010
i dont want a goldfish

and also, no problems for me to register and view the thread...

and to be honest, i dont see a huge problem with him being unbanned.. Tho if something was to happen with him again that would surely result in a perm ban no matter what

and with the client freezing thing, shouldnt have to worry about that if you are running Vet's plugin (Client Freezing/Crashing Fix - DoD Plugins) or something similar

They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old June 4th, 2010
forum n00b

I thinik I am running the plugin you wrote. I was the one that brought it up with Tank over at BAM's and then dodplugins. You wrote the code first and I think I am using that one but no holding me for sure there.

I kinda like the title thing.... it is nice. The problem was with my forums related to bans. You have to be a registered user to even read people requesting to be unbanned. If it was any of my public links the title thing would have been really nice.

Last edited by RollinDeath; June 4th, 2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling errors
  #7 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 4th, 2010
i dont want a goldfish

ahh ya i think i thru up the 1st plugin to block it.. and then revised it and put it into the block exploits plugin (which isnt around anymore thanks to tpc and fragjunkys crying to bailopan and the amxx team about it/me) but i dont remember how my original one was, it might have just blocked and not kicked/banned like vets.. im not really sure its just been too long lol

i think i might actually be running Vet's version on the avamods server, since i was in the process of re-writing and slimming the block exploits plugin down when i pretty much stopped playing dod

Old June 4th, 2010
forum n00b

Yea it was just a catch plugin nothing fancy. I think the last block exploits that I still run was pre the client freeze / crash thing caming up. I went out of town alot and never got back into updating dod server plug ins for a bit. By the time I got back that BS happened with fragjunkys. Which I did not like not having the sma.... personal note. I figured if it was a big enough bother that I would just come and ask you for the real deal for private complilling purposes. But as of yet I still am not requesting the real sma for use and I still have the older version running. That would be another topic or PM for another day when it bothers me enough to sweat the small stuff. lol
  #9 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 4th, 2010
i dont want a goldfish

ya i think the last version was too big and complicated and might have been causing occasional dropped clients.. was in the process of redoing it when that all happened so i gave up lol