Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - General > General

General Anything that DOESNT fit in one of the other forums.... this is basically your off-topic section..

Views: 472 - Replies: 9  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 11th, 2007
forum regular

Location: Alabama. Where beating your wife is fine and gambling is illegal because it says so in the Bible.
Default Mediacom can suck my balls Mr. Garrison.

For those of you in the Dirty South planning on getting cable internet through Mediacom...it would feel better to shove flaming railroad spikes through your rectum sideways. These people seem to hire the DUMBEST fucking technicians on the planet. I've had no internet since Saturday because some douchebag disconnected the WRONG GOD DAMNED HOUSE. This, sadly, isn't the first time they've done some amazingly stupid shit. Just the most recent. It comes at an amazingly bad time...College Registration + Classes. Whores. Had to get it out of my system. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old January 11th, 2007
Former AvaMods Admin

im having issues as well.. adelphia went bankrupt and they are now attempting to do the switch over to comcast.. and my net was gone all day yesterday and they werent even answering the phone :/

so sorry to hear of your woes.. i empathize
Old January 11th, 2007
Helpful Avamods Admin

Send a message via AIM to coltron

its funny that you say that, because my friend trom worked for comcast, until they got bought by time warner... my bad AOL time warner,

all isps are bad. unless you got like a fuckin T1.
i have cox 8 meg. its fast. and it doesnt work all the damn time. in fact, when i switched apartments, the labeled my account as a business, then the internet went out on a friday, and i couldnt call the normal support number, as my appartment cable connection was a business. the business support line closed friday at like 5, and didnt open til 9am monday.
  #4 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old January 11th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

im pretty happy with my roadrunner.. ive had it for years, was actually the 1st person in the area to have it doing initial testing) and not too often are there any major problems.. not to mention its free lol.. upload speed is pretty shitty, but i guess its average.. download speed can be really good depending on where im downloading from.. on many occasions ive hit well over 1mb/s and during the 1st quarter of 2007 they're supposed to be doubling their down/up speeds

compared to the shit ppl always say about other isp's.. rr seems pretty good to me..

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old January 11th, 2007
forum member

Send a message via AIM to monkey

well inotonly have comcast but i have a brand new comp with a dual core 2.13 apeice ghz processor, but i also have comcast and i still will get pings up into the three hondreds . u see all the comercial "oh we are so fast". BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!! so i am going to blow up there building.

tex
  #6 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old January 11th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

Quote: Originally Posted by monkey View Post
brand new comp with a dual core 2.13 apeice ghz processor

you're not going to notice much ping difference, if any at all, by having a new computer....

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old January 15th, 2007
donor

Optimum online f.t.w.

If it's not an American flag, it must be a bomb!
a3quit4s.com
Old January 15th, 2007
forum member

I get pretty awesome rates with Verizon DSL, but sometimes they are shoddy. I've was without my internet for almost a week at one time, and yesterday I started spiking real bad for no reason, and they have apparently randomly started blocking port 80, since I've been unable to surf for most of today, but I can still go on XChat and Gaim and such..
Old January 15th, 2007
donor

Send a message via MSN to velocity

cogeco ftw
Old January 15th, 2007
Former AvaMods Admin

Send a message via AIM to mein gott Send a message via Yahoo to mein gott

I'm happy.. at work I have access to 6 T1's, and two private OC-1 lines between here and DC, Enough Poweredge servers to power a small google type app and a couple of snap servers.

Home is a pathetic 8 mb Comcast line