Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - News > News and Information

News and Information ..news and information, duh... be sure to check here if you're new around the forums

Views: 10244 - Replies: 81  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 27th, 2011
Former AvaMods Admin

Send a message via MSN to Koroshiya Ichi

Avamods was the best server i ever played....im glad that i found it...here i learn how to play dod and i really enjoy it....dod for me is never gonna be the same!!
Thank u diamond and everone that i met here...thanks for make me a part of it, you know just on avamods u guys had a brazilian adm who can barely speak english lol!!! So,,,thanks for the great time, its too bad i didnt play with u guys one last time....u guys did a great job!!! im gonna miss playing with u all!! Take care everyone n thanks again!! XD
Old October 27th, 2011
Helpful Avamods Admin

Send a message via AIM to coltron

Old October 27th, 2011
the godfather

And that's the end of that. The curtains are closed, lights are off, and the cleaning man got laid off. Incredible performance. Think about what's happened over the past 10 years. 10 years! That's insane.

It all started with counter-strike, bleh, but it got me into playing small maps. Then I found day of defeat and avalanche was an obvious choice. 8 person dod server off my home connection did the trick. It exploded when we switched the spawn points. Sim and I started cdrive, good ole cal days. Then, diamond-optic joined with magical super powers of uncanny proportions and ambition. Still, this is the best online community that's existed that had the best administrators out there.

This server basically created my life. I'm not sure why I wanted to host a server. I didn't even know what server meant. I just saw this thing you can download and run on a computer and people can connect to it through a number. Then I realized you could go to college for something like this and my first job after college was managing 40 servers, because I already had the skills from running dod and the website. I can't thank day of defeat enough, and especially people like hawkeye and buck. Isn't that messed? lol. I love the internet.

Even though I wasn't active in the end, this felt like the end of my beginning on the net. The fact that day of defeat as a whole is still running is nuts. Old technology will eventually die, but the name lives on forever!

p.s. fuck cunt ass bitch and shit.
  #44 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old October 27th, 2011
i dont want a goldfish

thanks for stopping by pope..

when it comes down to it, credit really goes to you... if i hadnt come across cdrive none of this stuff would have ever happened. you taught me all sorts of stuff about modding the map files, something I had no idea about (and i dont think anyone really knew about back then) ...that got the ball rolling, then you let me run wild with the ideas I had at the time.. never imagined, or intended, for things to end up anywhere near how things went over the years following that

so heres a big ass thankyou to you!

oh and i hope all the haters and dumbass noobs enjoy running their mouths now and talking shit, really shows how successful this whole trip has been

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old October 27th, 2011
Helpful Avamods Admin

Send a message via AIM to coltron

Yeah what they dont realize is that the only reason the server closed is because none of us fucking play dod anymore mainly bc its old and shitty and the userbase has gone down the toilet
Old October 28th, 2011
forum n00b

thanks... god job guys!
Old October 30th, 2011
donor

Yep.. diamond, Pope, I really appreciate the work and time you guys put into it. I've been playing since the earlier cdrive days under another steam ID. This was the only server in dod I can say the admins actually gave a fuck and had common sense. Very cool, laid back environment. Lots of good times. Thank you guys.
  #48 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old November 1st, 2011
i dont want a goldfish

well at least i dont have to get raped by worst anymore....

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old November 1st, 2011
obsessed with this forum

Send a message via MSN to buck_futter

ohh gosh i miss it already :(. the games too slow without meth. and all the other fun mods! i think using meth has made me more of an impatient person irl.
Old November 1st, 2011
donor

meth was the fast forward for boring parts of dod. Taking the walk after spawn on any map except orange/ava is like.. i'd rather stick my hand in a blender.