Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - Server > Server / Mod Support

Server / Mod Support Discuss our servers - Questions, requests, complaints, etc.. Need help with your server? Have any amxx questions/suggestions?

Views: 694 - Replies: 13  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2007
forum regular

Location: Alabama. Where beating your wife is fine and gambling is illegal because it says so in the Bible.
Default Skill rating.

I'm just curious if you could post the formula/code from pyschostats that calculates your skill rating. I've noticed that since I've started trying to use the semi-auto rifles that my skill rating has been inching higher. Even though I see no real difference in my score or K. This leads me to believe that perhaps accuracy is factored in there somewhere OR different guns get different values that affect the outcome. Just wondering what it might be.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesus-Optic
just like to point out that i hate you faggot niggers

#2 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 4th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

hell if i know the 'formula' and i dont really feel like looking it up..

overall accuracy i would assume affects skill.. and i believe headshots for example will give you more of a boost then regular kills.. and some weapons like sniper & deployable weapons (MGs, FGs, bar, bren) have less impact on your skill then say mp40 or thompson.. im not sure if it figures in which weapons killed you..

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old June 4th, 2007
forum regular

Location: Alabama. Where beating your wife is fine and gambling is illegal because it says so in the Bible.
Default Ok then.

Well then. Have you altered the coding at all? If not I'll just see if I can find it on the net.

Old June 4th, 2007
obsessed with this forum

the formula is to own everyone.. i now accuracy always helps out alot and positive ratio
Old June 6th, 2007
forum regular

Default This is it apparently.

Found this looking for the skill formula. Seems weapon accuracy or weapon type doesn't factor into it. It just matters the skill of the person you're killing vs. your own. Of course this may be incomplete. I haven't actually looked at the psychostat coding.

How is the Psychostat skill value calculated?

Simply put: Skill points are given for each kill you get.
You receive more points for killing somone that has a higher skill point value than you do.
Weapons do not alter points at all.
And players receive bonuses for doing things such as bombing targets and saving hostages.

PsychoStats v1.4 and above have used a formula called The ELO Method.
This method of skill calculation takes into account the skill of the killer and victim as described above, but it takes a closer more detailed look.

A player begins with a skill of 1000 by default (your stats.cfg can change this).
When someone gets killed, the killer and the victim will have their skill rating adjusted.
This adjustment depends on two things: the delta (difficulty of the kill) based upon the rankings, and the development coefficient, based upon the amount of kills each person has.

The delta is expressed in this formula:
Delta =

The next step in the equation is to find the development coefficient.
This number determines how many points you can at most gain or lose when you die.
This coefficient uses a much simpler formula. Everyone's coefficient is initially at 20.
After 100 kills, it drops to 15.

The killer's rating will increase by the difficulty rating multiplied by his development coefficient.
Conversely, the victim's rating will decrease by the difficulty rating times his experience coefficient.
Thus, the complete formula is:

New Skill =

Skill ± K

Also, any award shown in the stats listing can be setup by the admin to give bonus points to players.
Like having the highest K:D ratio, etc.
These extra bonuses are only applied after all the logs are scanned and are flat bonuses.

#6 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 6th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

hmm thats funny.. then why is there seperate weapon weights for each weapon..

and i know it uses weapons for sure..

because when i first put the DoD Throw Rocks plugin on.. i didnt think ppl would get many kills.. so i made the weapon wieght really high.. like 25.0 or something (most are around 0.5 -> 1.5) and then ppl not even knowing that part, decided to have rock fights lol.. and some ppl got a whole bunch of kills with them..

after the stats compiled that.. those ppl had insane skill levels.. like 5000+

so im pretty confident that weapons do effect skill just because of that... i guess i could be wrong tho

They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old June 7th, 2007
Former AvaMods Admin

I used to play on a server that used the system santa was describing and my rank was consistently way higher... so I'm pretty sure the ranks for differently here.

Or it could be my cataracts
Old June 7th, 2007
forum regular

Default Well...

Quote: Originally Posted by Optic
hmm thats funny.. then why is there seperate weapon weights for each weapon..

Like I said..I never looked at the code for the psychostats. That was a rip off a site describing pyschostats that they were using. Could you post the plugin that runs on avamods?

#9 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old June 7th, 2007
i dont want a goldfish

post the plugin? what plugin

Old June 7th, 2007
forum regular

Default Hm..

Hm. Their site says the same thing. Perhaps weapon weight affects the probability of chance in the calculation. Like, it's easier to get lucky kills with different weaponry. Bastards.

Quote: Originally Posted by http://www.psychostats.com/wiki/FAQ#How_is_skill_calculated.3F
Stats Display
[edit] How is skill calculated?
PsychoStats version 3+ continues to use the ELO formula to calculate skill values for players. In a nutshell, ELO tries to base how many points you gain or receive for kills and deaths based on your skill compared to your victim or killer. It calculates a probability of chance when someone kills another player.

Also, PS3 is currently experimenting with the ELO formula and has tweaked it a little to allow for total online time of a player to have an affect of how much the probability changes on each kill. The more online time you have the less your skill will go up/down.

Last edited by santa_sh0t_tupac; June 7th, 2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Found this on psychostats.com