Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - General > General

General Anything that DOESNT fit in one of the other forums.... this is basically your off-topic section..

Views: 1782 - Replies: 27  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 22nd, 2005
former team cdrive admin

Default Quick question/comment

I was just banned from both servers for using a "fast firing script" ... I had the carbine and I used the option to make housewhell up fire. SO it says im "scripting" well its nice to know that im banned for 24 hours. Id like to talk to someone about how this hl guard works. Ill make myself clear and say that I HATE SCRIPS AND DONT USE THEM FFS. This hl guard has made me angry, but I suppose It was just doing its job :rolleyes: .

Well on a lighter note, Id like to say that the new servers are really great and that I <3 them even more then before I went "on vacation from dod" aka University. Well 'm glad to be back and I am surprised at how many people are on these days , its great! Ow and I thought that sense I have never put my little speel about myself, id do it here for all to see.

name: James Indale
Hobbies/intrests: Life guarding, basketball, rifles/target shooting competitions, hanging with friends, and of course ladies.

My bio: I live in Ns its cold here 9-10 months of the year,,how fun. I attend Dalhousie University located in the delighful city og Halifax Nova Scotia. I hope to be a political science/histoty of war 1812-present day major when i'm done university. I like skating (ice) watching hockey/basketball and long walks on the beach. Well how did I start playing dod? Well unlike a lot of dod players I didn't start with cs, I started with MOHAA and played that until the 56k lagging made me want to scream/ tear the wires out of my pc. So a friend introduced me to dod and I started playing, I was awful, but I got better and found that ava servers always had lots of people so I looked for a good ava server. I stumbeled on c drive one late October afternoon and started playing. I kept comming back again and again and eventually I got to know some c dive guys. They seemed to be relaxed and tallented (Urban taught me everything about dod). Actually Urban was probablly the person on c drive who I pled with the most on the server when he used to play. I alos found that all of the c drive guys brought their own thing to the server and I just felt so warm and loved. Vizzer was also soo nice and inviting whenever I played with him :rolleyes: . Well one day I asjed Urabn if I could join and he said yes, I put the c drive tag on and was kicked, then banned becuase he ddint ask anyone elese about it. Wow that was fun. That was quickly resolved and things were brought to order. I have been with c drive sinse then and I hope to be until my wrists fall off and my eyes go blind or I find anothergame to play thats a s much fun as this

sincerely,
James Indale
Old December 22nd, 2005
the godfather

hows the oysters?

urban owes me money. i will continue to write him bashfull emails. fuckin nigger... AHEM, ya... ummm... welcome back!
Old December 22nd, 2005
former team cdrive admin

Smile

Pope..you make me hard Its damn good to be back ow btw..am i really a junior member? I didnt think i was, could it be changed to member? that would be soo great!!!!!
Old December 22nd, 2005
former team cdrive admin

Can u unban me now? so I can like go pwn some noobs on dust, erm avalanche/anzio , if not ill do the time and smile when my prsion mates come to collect!
Old December 22nd, 2005
the godfather

your not on my ban list :(. You must have been banned from valve.

Scripts have always been an iffy topic. The argument is simple, half-life binded an option to adjust game play variables. Your not actually 'modifying' memory in the game. Its quite simple to make a no-recoil script, and make it work to a tea ;-). I think if anyone has given themself an advantage over others using third party whatever, that would include scripts, is no good, but technically, your not hacking. What do you guys think?
  #6 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old December 22nd, 2005
i dont want a goldfish

sorry man lol.. just got home from work and saw you on the banlist.. was like wtf did he do lol...

This is from valve's Documentation....

Quote:
Rapid/Burst Detection

The Rapid/Burst detection monitors the speeds at which a player fires his gun and detects the use of anything which allows a player to fire faster than should be possible. This detection is great for detecting multihacks, rapidfire scripts, burstfire scripts and also mousewheel triggers.

An unintelligent newbie once explained very well what this system can do:

QUOTE (ASDFASDFASDF)
Me and a couple of my buddies were playing with duelies in a public server with HLGuard on it. We were like, "Dudes, we should use mousewheel as our fire button and make our duelies shoot super fast." So we did. About a second later, we were all banned for "Rapid/Burstfire Hacks/Scripts"...

So remember: Using a mousewheel as fire WILL be detected, as it allows players to fire at an inhumanly rate, especially with certain guns.

Old December 23rd, 2005
the godfather

nice defence valve.. left nut.. your name..
  #8 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old December 23rd, 2005
i dont want a goldfish

Quote: Originally Posted by Pope
nice defence valve.. left nut.. your name..

well hmm i musta been stoned..

i meant HLguard's Documentation
Old December 23rd, 2005
donor

Send a message via MSN to velocity

im sooo badly going to use my wheel as my fire button
Old December 23rd, 2005
former team cdrive admin

Ty diamond, I didnt expect such a detailed explanation I'm extremly pleased and satisfied knowing exactly what I did wrong! . I have learned my lesson, mousewhell and attack = one huge smack with the ban stick :eek: