Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - News > News and Information

News and Information ..news and information, duh... be sure to check here if you're new around the forums

View Poll Results: bring back avamods??
yes, it's about fucking time... 23 95.83%
no, who wants to play this gay shit anymore... 1 4.17%
i dont care either way because i'm too busy taking it up the ass... 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Views: 8554 - Replies: 73  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 23rd, 2014
the godfather

1 month? I went two weeks last year. Possible, not fun, and when you come back it's like christmas.
  #62 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old April 5th, 2014
i dont want a goldfish

Quote: Originally Posted by Pope View Post
soon

wheres your server pope???

Quote: Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic in regards to AvaMods
They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old April 6th, 2014
the godfather

Need yer code!
  #64 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old April 7th, 2014
i dont want a goldfish

well im moving back to NY in a couple weeks (LOL) so I'll get in touch with you then.. I should have more time on my hands (especially since i wont have a job right away haha) plus i wont be dating/living with a crazy nazi that doesnt let me do a damn thing (unless she isnt home to know about it)

and since shes at work for 3 more hours i gotta go watch last nights game of thrones episode since im not 'allowed' to watch tv or anything when shes home

They are the type of people that are absolutely destroying the fabric of america and everything that goodness stands for.

Old April 17th, 2014
the godfather

lol nice.

The only ava server left seems to be 427 rangers and you can't say words like, fuck, shit, bitch, or cunt, without getting banned. It's fucked up bitch shit with flying cunts if you ask me.
  #66 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old April 18th, 2014
i dont want a goldfish

is there even a decent number of people that play? during the last year or two of avamods it got pretty bad, very few people playing and they were mostly retards from south america that didnt speak english and were the most awful players ive ever seen..

maybe bringing back a dope server will help a little, probably not lol... if anything it might get some people to come on and play occasionally. I doubt it will ever be even close to how it once was, ahhh how nice it was to always have ppl on the server any time of day or night. Maybe a good server that isnt all PG rated little kiddie rules will steal some traffic from whatever servers are left.

tho i am looking forward to the chance to get my head back into some of these plugins that were never truly finished lol.. not that I have the slightest idea how to code them anymore, but it has always bothered me that I never really finished them (at least the ones that I had released to the public, tho the last released versions I guess are fine but I recall learning better ways to do just about everything and started converting them all over to those methods when I quit)

and its been so long, I wonder what new coding shit is around now that wasnt back then.. hmmm this already sounds like too much work haha

i should have sold plugins back when I was getting offers for them lol.. its been at least 6 months since I got an email asking for the shotgun plugin haha

Last edited by diamond-optic; April 18th, 2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old April 21st, 2014
the godfather

427 is typically full on peak hours and comes down around 8 off hours. I've seen it empty but rarely. Traffic has generally gone down. 14 players on 427 right now non peak (1:30 est).

The game play here is 10 times better. So I'm hoping dedicated ava players from 427 would more over.

Is there a plug and play version we can throw up? I was hoping there wouldn't be too much work. Tag ourselves avamods is back and play on 427 lol.

Even if it's not a lot of players it would be nice to have another ava server in the mix, especially one that's managed like an fps server should be managed.
  #68 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old April 21st, 2014
i dont want a goldfish

Quote: Originally Posted by Pope View Post
Is there a plug and play version we can throw up? I was hoping there wouldn't be too much work.

not really... the full backup that i have somewhere is outdated. There has been steam updates that changed the way the hlds is (i think they call the newer thing something like SteamCMD if i recall) which required an amxx update or some shit, which pretty much broke the old setup.

I had a local hlds setup a while back (when this thread is from probably) that was mostly updated and working for a windows server, idk if it was working with linux.. or even if it still works with windows if there was more updates... Is your box windows or linux? I might still have those files around, I know I had like 4 or 5 hlds setups so I would just need to find them and figure out which was the latest

Im in NY right now, but will be heading back to PA in a day or two so I can get the rest of my stuff and do some other crap (cancel internet, pickup my last paycheck, etc) but I should be able to get deeper into this once Im back in NY again over the weekend or next week

#69 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old April 21st, 2014
i dont want a goldfish

well i found the old avamods 3.o beta test hlds server but the hlds.exe just closes down a few minutes after starting the server.. hmm

*edit*

not going to spend a lot of time on it right now, but im going to update it to the latest metamod and attempt a half assed update to the latest amxx dev build to see if it helps any. Im also going to turn off a lot of the plugins (especially the ones I always suspected of causes crashes and whatnot on the old server)

but i remember that the hlds was always a bit picky on my old pc... so there is a chance it doesnt like something on this one, whether it be some of the stuff I have running in the background (like bluestacks, a lot of things dont seem to like bluestacks running at the same time), or it could even likely be my overclock.. I think it was always picky about my OC on my old pc so I might need to dial it down a bit or increase the vcore a little and try again

*edit 2*

ok so far it seems to be good... It didnt crash for a whole map cycle on avalanche after updating metamod and updating to the latest amxx dll's

Last edited by diamond-optic; April 21st, 2014 at 10:53 PM.
  #70 (permalink)   diamond-optic is Special  
Old April 22nd, 2014
i dont want a goldfish

ok i think its working good now... recompiled most of the plugins (hopefully i got the right versions, there was some duplicates in the mess of folders for my old plugins so idk if i recompiled the right ones but we'll see..)

still a good amount of plugin related stuff i will need to go through as well as a bunch of other files that arent present in this test setup im using (mostly stuff related to custom maps, like the bsp's themselves, and the models/sounds/sprites that they use)

....and it appears my steam client for dod is all screwed up... for some reason it seems some of my files got reset to the default or something... the xhairs I used are gone as well as the vgui tweaks I had to make the text smaller so it fit on the scoreboard properly is all back to being huge letters

*edit*

maybe some of it had to do with updates or something, maybe i just dont remember what it used to look like but i swear some of these settings in the video options window are new

*/edit*

theres also some IP related issues, like some things that were hard coded for the IPs of my old mysql servers will need to be changed etc

BUT ITS FUCKING WORKING!

*edit 2*

well I got confused with the shotgun... when you draw the shotgun it was playing this god awful sound that has horrible quality.. went through my sound files, went through the plugin... couldnt find anything that affected it. Finally tho I found the sound it was using: /valve_hd/sound/weapons/scock1.wav, turns out that if you check the 'use hd models' option in the video settings that it makes the shotgun use that sound, its fine when you dont check that tho. And as far as I can tell checking that has no affect on dod (since there isnt any seperate 'hd' folder for dod) but i doubt most people would know that so ive already got something to work on to try and avoid having it use that sound for no reason what so ever... lol I have no idea why its applying that sound to drawing the shotgun.. somehow the game knows its a shotgun and automatically can figure out to use the shitty shotgun cock sound from blue shift, OR its just a really odd coincidence

Last edited by diamond-optic; April 22nd, 2014 at 03:05 AM.