Go Back   AvaMods 5.o Forums > AvaMods - Server > Bans / Report Cheaters

Bans / Report Cheaters Think someone is cheating? Been banned yourself and dont know why? Discuss this sorta stuff & post demos here..

Views: 1780 - Replies: 37  
Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 25th, 2010
Helpful Avamods Admin

Send a message via AIM to coltron

Quote: Originally Posted by Buma View Post
I was there when he did the Schwarzenegger bit, I muted him, no offense...

Lol that had nothing to do with his ban.
Old August 25th, 2010
community snitch

Quote: Originally Posted by coltron View Post
The rules are posted. On the MOTD. Making it impossible to join the server without seeing the rules.

Perhaps you didnt see the large colored banners flashing on your screen intermittently that say DO NOT ATTACK DIRECTLY INTO SPAWN.

Im not sure who youre trying to lie to, as i saw you throw it in. No one was there attacking you, you ran up and started peeking the corner into spawn. I feel no need to warn you. This is a 10 year old game.

Well, when i join the server, the MOTD is just a bunch of japanese or chinese characters... nothing in english. so i dunno what that is all about.

As for attacking into spawn, apparently we have different definitions about where spawn is. I take it that spawn is inside the building and the part right outside it where the airstrike radio is, not where the doorway leading to the first flag and down the stairs is... u know, the little area u drop down into after running by the radio on the boxes. I usually drop unprimed nades there and run, and it gets people as soon as they leave their spawn. Now, people also go to the left of that drop, and come around the first flag, where they sit and snipe out of what (i believe) u consider to be spawn as well. You're right, every server has its own definition of what spawn is, most don't call that spawn. Just as most don't call the tank by the other team's spawn actually part of their spawn, since no one SPAWNS there. If that is what u guys consider spawn, i'm sorry for not knowing your definition of the word. I apologize for throwing nades there, but u should have just said something instead of insta-ban.

Being an admin is not just banning and kicking, it's about making sure people understand your rules, are respectful to other players, and other issues. What do you do about the people who can't read english (or japanese/chinese) and they don't understand what is writtten on the motd? Do you just instaban them too? There are also other options like slap, slay, kick, etc. Unless u just get off on banning, then it's just ur personal issue.
Old August 26th, 2010
forum regular

Send a message via AIM to Caparzo

nigger nigger nigger, dude this molson is great, nigger nigger nigger
Old August 26th, 2010
Helpful Avamods Admin

Youve somehow gotten it into your head the the banned people matter to the community. Droplets in an ocean of piss, friend. One min youre here, then youre gone; nothing of value is lost. No one notices. Cant read english? oh well sucks for you. If you dont have the common sense not to nade the spawn, this really isnt the place for you.

And the reason for the tank being "spawn" its behind the Spawn mg protection isnt it?
Old August 26th, 2010
community snitch

Youve somehow gotten it into your head the the banned people matter to the community. Droplets in an ocean of piss, friend. One min youre here, then youre gone; nothing of value is lost. No one notices. Cant read english? oh well sucks for you. If you dont have the common sense not to nade the spawn, this really isnt the place for you.

And the reason for the tank being "spawn" its behind the Spawn mg protection isnt it?

im just sayin man, sometimes a ban isn't always warranted. And the reason i bring up the issue of where spawn lies, including the tank, is that many people sit in their spawn, shoot out of it, and then whine about getting killed there. Or in this case, u insta-ban people for killing people in spawn, but allow other people to shoot from spawn. If the map was made for that to be considered spawn, it would have been made so you couldn't shoot from there or shoot into there. But it wasnt made like that. It was made to be up for interpretation. Which goes back to my point, that each person and each server has their own definition of what spawn is. If you would have said to me, "Hey terminator, don't throw nades there, that is considered to be in spawn here." i would have said sorry and not done it again. Just as many servers consider the whole buidling with the W-crack and the double windows to be part of spawn, they let people know that it is considered as such (although those servers are far and few between). But u didn't tell me, didnt give me a chance to stop or apologize or anything. U just laughed and banned.
Old August 26th, 2010
Helpful Avamods Admin

Again, common sense. As timmy said, most people come and go without ban or incident. What is it about you that makes you different? Must be some reason you keep getting bans right?
Old August 26th, 2010
community snitch

Again, common sense. As timmy said, most people come and go without ban or incident. What is it about you that makes you different? Must be some reason you keep getting bans right?

What makes me different? I do a schwarzenegger impression. lol. And this is the only server i have ever been banned from, since i've been playing from 2000.
Old August 26th, 2010
Former AvaMods Admin

Send a message via AIM to timmy!

who the fuck on the internet made the rule that there has to be some silly verbal warning?

Your warning is a ban and the more you talk the more it was clearly warranted, cause you're a fuck tard who feels entitled to something you have not earned nor deserve. If it's such an issue you need to go play on another server, because we have operated like this long before you showed up and we will continue to operate in the same way.

You can stand on the curb or get on the bus but we're fucking driving.
Old August 26th, 2010
community snitch

right. but its hard to get on a bus if the doors are shut. I understand why I was banned... now. But what i'm getting is that there is no way to rectify the situation and get unbanned, am I correct to assume that?
Old August 26th, 2010
community snitch

Nevermind. Bought a bus ticket. Getting on, taking a seat, and shutting up.